San Jose Math Circle 2022-2023 Schedule
|10/18/2022||BAMA with Liz McMahon and Gary Gordon (online)||The Game of Set||Recording Link|
|10/25/2022||Tom Davis||Fractions and decimals|
|11/1/2022||Tom Davis||Conway’s Rational Tangles|
|11/8/2022||Alon Amit||Like a Square|
|11/15/2022||Tom Davis||The Mathematics of Zome|
|11/29/2022||Yier Lin||The mysteries of probability|
|12/6/2022||BAMA with John M. Lee (online)||The Curvature of Space||Recording Link|
|1/10/2023||Raghu Subramanian||Distance-Time Problems|
|1/24/2023||Shamil Asgarli||Invariants in Problem Solving|
|1/31/2023||Raghu Subramanian||Game Theory|
|2/7/2023||BAMA with Vince Matsko (online)||Algorithmic Puzzles Design|
|2/14/2023||Alon Amit||Calculating by “cheating”|
|2/28/2023||Mathew Lee||BAMO Prep|
|3/7/2023||Tom Davis||BAMO Aftermath|
|3/14/2023||Tatiana Shubin||Bluebird Medley|
|3/21/2023||Gabriella A Pinter (ONLINE session)||Bracing Architectural Structures|
|3/28/2023||Gabriella A Pinter (ONLINE session)||Diagonals Galore|
|4/18/2023||Tatiana Shubin||Parity and Other Invariants|
|4/25/2023||Shamil Asgarli||Discrete Geometry|
|5/2/2023||Alon Amit||Big Numbers|
|5/9/2023||BAMA with Josh Laison (online)||Puzzles in Geometric Graph Theory|
|5/16/2023||Raghu Subramanian||Mathematical Induction|
Some topics have not yet been decided, hence the “TBD” = “To Be Determined”.
- SJMC meetings take place regularly on Tuesdays at Santa Clara University (Vari Hall, Room 129) from 7:00PM to 9:00PM, unless noted otherwise.
- Group socials are December 30, 2022 and May 30, 2023.
- If you’d like to see your name on this schedule page, as a leader of a circle session, contact us!
- Handouts of past meetings will be posted as we receive them.
- Read more about Russian-style circles.