San Jose Math Circle 2023-2024 Schedule
|9/26/2023||BAMA with Tom Edgar (online)||Providing Perspective on Practical and Pleasant Pictorial Proofs|
|Combinatorial Number Theory|
|10/10/2023||Maria Nogin||Four Numbers|
|10/24/2023||BAMA with Robert Bosch (online)||Single-Line Drawings via Mathematical Optimizations|
|10/31/2023||Raghu Subramanian||Slicing and Dicing Problems|
|11/7/2023||Tom Davis||Iterated Functions|
|11/14/2023||Tom Davis||SETS Planets|
|11/28/2023||Thai Nhan||Straightedge and compass construction|
|12/5/2023||BAMA with Cornelia Van Cott (online)||Card Shuffling and Mathematics|
|3/6/2024||Bay Area Mathematical Olympiad|
Some topics have not yet been decided, hence the “TBD” = “To Be Determined”.
- SJMC meetings take place regularly on Tuesdays at Santa Clara University (Alumni Science Building, Room 101) from 7:00PM to 9:00PM, unless noted otherwise.
- Group socials are in December and May.
- If you’d like to see your name on this schedule page, as a leader of a circle session, contact us!
- Handouts of past meetings will be posted as we receive them.
- Read more about Russian-style circles.