2013 - 2014
The following schedule shows who will be leading the circle on a given day.
|September 11||Josh Zucker||Combinatorics 1||Notes for Combinatorics 1|
|September 18||Tom Davis||Cryptography|
|September 25||BAMA at SCU: Cornelia Van Cott||Noodle Doodles and Mathematics||Noodle Doodles and Mathematics, Parking coupon|
|October 02||Josh Zucker||Combinatorics 2||Notes for Combinatorics 2|
|October 09||Tatiana Shubin||Mathematical explorations|
|October 16||BAMA at SJSU: Brian Conrey||Intransitive Dice||Summary of talk and directions|
|October 23||Lucian Sega||The Pigeonhole Principle and Coloring Problems|
|October 30||Lucian Sega||Modular arithmetic and congruences|
|November 06||Josh Zucker||Combinatorics 3|
|November 13||Ted Alper||Making good matches||Making good matches|
|November 15||BAMA at SCU: Ivars Peterson||Pancake Sorting, Prefix Reversals, and DNA Rearrangements||Talk Summary and directions, Free parking coupon|
|November 20||Various||Russian-style math circle|
|December 04||Josh Zucker||Combinatorics 4|
|December 11||Tatiana Shubin||Mathematical Induction|
|December 18||Zvezdelina Stankova||Monovariants, Inequalities and more|
|January 08||Josh Zucker||Combinatorics 5|
|January 29||BAMA at SCU: Angela Hicks||The Case of the Determined Drivers||Talk Summary and Directions|
|February 12||Matt Beck||TBD|
|February 19||Tom Davis||BAMO Preparation|
|February 26||Tom Davis||BAMO Aftermath|
|March 12||Tom Freeman||Perspective and Projective Geometry I|
|March 19||Tom Freeman||Perspective and Projective Geometry II|
|April 23||Paul Zeitz||TBD|
|April 30||Paul Zeitz||TBD|
|May 07||TBD||Pizza & Puzzles Party|
- Some topics have not yet been decided, hence the "TBD" = "To Be Determined".
- The dark red dates are BAMA talks so there will be no SJMC meeting.
- For the Stanford meetings above, see this announcement.
- SJMC meetings take place regularly on Wednesdays, in MH-320 at SJSU, from 7:00PM to 9:00PM, see directions.
- If you'd like to see your name on this schedule page, as a leader of a circle session, contact us!
- Handouts of past meetings will be posted as we receive them. If you have past handouts that you don't see here, please let us know.
- Read more about Russian-style circles.