Time to apply to summer Math Camps
- San Jose State is offering AwesomeMath June 19-July 1. (see: http://sanjosemathcircle.org/handouts/2016-2017/20170208_Awesomemath_SJS... ).
- Idea Math in Cupertino is for students in grades 6-12. (see: http://www.ideamath.org/summerprog.htm)
- MathPath is a famous summer camp for students age 11-14 (see: http://mathpath.org).
- Mathcamp is another summer camp for high school students (see http://mathcamp.org).
Monthly Math Contest
Information about the grading of problems is contained in the monthly problem handout. We award prizes at the end of the year to students who have accumulated the most points from solving monthly contest problems. Many of these problems are more challenging than problems we present in class. Please don't be discouraged if you find these problems difficult; they are contest problems. Working diligently on difficult problems will build your problem solving skills.
Links to problems and solutions:
- Link to math contest 1, due Nov. 2, 2016.
- Link to math contest 1 SOLUTIONS.
- Link to math contest 2, due Dec. 14, 2016.
- Link to math contest 2 SOLUTIONS.
- Link to math contest 3, due Jan. 25, 2017.
- Link to math contest 4, due Feb. 22, 2017.
- Link to math contest 5, due March 22, 2017.
- Link to math contest 6, due April 26, 2017.
Links to 2014-2015 problems