Time to apply to summer Math Camps
- San Jose State is offering AwesomeMath June 19-July 1. (see: http://sanjosemathcircle.org/handouts/2016-2017/20170208_Awesomemath_SJS... ).
- Idea Math in Cupertino is for students in grades 6-12. (see: http://www.ideamath.org/summerprog.htm)
- MathPath is a famous summer camp for students age 11-14 (see: http://mathpath.org).
- Mathcamp is another summer camp for high school students (see http://mathcamp.org).
Frequently Asked Questions
You can help the SJMC by
- making a donation
- bringing snacks and drinks at the end (at the pizza party)
- taking pictures (contact SJMC for details)
- solving or suggesting problems (submit your solution by email, for an upcoming "students' solutions" page.)
- innovation! We are open to new ideas, so if you have any, speak your mind!
- if you were an alumni, by offering us info to include on our alumni gallery
Unfortunately our class space is limited so we admit only 7th and 8th grade students who are at least 11 years old. See the item below about applying for admission. Parents may attend (when space is available), but must promise to not participate in the discussions or problem solving -- the math circles are for the students.
- When: 7:00-9:00pm
- Where: Room MH-323, MacQuarrie Hall, San Jose State University
Mathematical circles are weekly gatherings of students of high school age or younger working on problems involving complex and advanced topics, guided by mathematicians and educators. The motivation for this program is to increase the interest and enjoyment of mathematics among bay area students who learn to provide structured solutions to thought-provoking problems.
Admission is closed for the 2016-2017 academic year. We plan to admit students for the 2017-2018 academic year starting in August 2017.
We usually send an announcement to our mailing list and post it on our website in early August of each year.
You can subscribe (or unsubscribe) to our e-mail announcements by following this link to our contact page. You will then receive an e-mail to confirm your subscription. Follow the instructions in that message, and you will be subscribed.